Monday, April 4, 2011

The Heart of Innovation

The Heart of Innovation

At the heart of every individual is the need to be remembered or to succeed. Everyone has their own idea that is going be revolutionary and make them famous. They can feel it inside them but how do they access it. This article tries to explain to the common person how to break through the walls of inspiration and create something innovative with these 14 different techniques. In other words, it tries to convince people that there are ways to be creative. It is a very fascinating article that caught my attention. It was interesting to read all the different ways one could stimulate their mind. It was almost like a calling for me because I always find myself in creative blocks, and a lot of the suggestions sound like they could do me a lot of help. Out of these fourteen suggestions many of them seem intriguing and effective, however some seem less then helpful. The very first suggestion is to follow your fascination. I agree with this statement and try to follow my fascination every day. I believe humans should not hide what fascinates them. I love slasher movies and I don't hide that from anyone. I have a tattoo of Jason on my back as a prime example. My innovation is all going towards writing my own slasher movie, and I stick to that everyday. I try to watch as many horror movies as I can while studying them at the same time. I plan the movie, write the script and just stick with it. It is just something you have to do if you ever intend to break through that innovation wall. Another technique is titled define the right challenge. This technique I have a little bit of a harder time agreeing with. I believe that when it comes to ideas you can boldly just answer a question. Ideas aren't formed that way. Innovation is a timely process that will simply just hit you if you factor in the right techniques to your life. By sitting there trying to answer a question you made yourself I can see frustration and failure occurring. Being free and not stressed to answer your question will make the right answer come if it is meant to. The final suggestion is to suspend logic. It really got me thinking and I have to completely agree with it. Imagine a world with no limits and no logic. I just feel creative just thinking about it. It is a free uplifting idea that could give you that childhood imagination that had endless ideas. It is scenarios like that, that I believe will open the doors to anything you want. A free mind is the only way to go about thinking if you want to create something that is inspirational and unique. I feel that ideas for movies like "Inception" and "Donnie Darko" came in a kind of environment where the creator envisioned himself in an environment with no limits. I find movies like that stimulating and it makes me wonder where the writers came up with such extravagant ideas.
At the end of suggestion number three, tolerate ambiguity, it asks What new idea of yours is bubbling on the brink of breakthrough? In what ways can you stay with it -- even if something in you is impatient for a breakthrough? I have this idea to write a break through slasher movie that is going to impress people but I just have not thought of the right scenario to truly scare people. The only way to stick with it is to believe that such an idea is out there and there is a way to scare people with a low budget script. That is the biggest obstacle that I want to overcome is to be able to truly make a good movie without a budget. It makes my challenge so much harder and forces me to think around my budget. This is why I don't like asking myself which question has to be answered because it is all I can think about and my idea suffocates. Maybe the only way I can stay with it is to write the movie without a budget limitation lingering in my head so i can openly express my ideas without limits. This is why I like the suspend logic suggestion the best. It is something I have not truly tried yet and it could lead to my break through. The idea is there and it just needs the right technique to release it.

No comments:

Post a Comment