Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Finding Yourself

http://changethis.com/

The link is above is to a short story written by a man named Jonathon Flaum. The story is called "Finding your Howl" and is a very interesting story. The story talks about an endangered Red Wolf that is introduced into the wild from captivity. The only problem with this wolf is that it lost its ability to howl so it goes out and looks for it. This wolf can talk to other animals and learns a very important lesson on his travels which eventually results in him finding his howl. The story is a lesson on how a person needs to forget their old selves if they want to become the person they are meant to be.
One of my favorite motivational quotes comes from the one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, a man named Dan Gable. The quote is "Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy". It seems out of place as a creative quote but it means something to me. It is the drive and motivation from doing something so hard as wrestle for nine years of my life that makes me drive on when I feel like I'm going to quit. This quote reminds me of all the struggles I've been through and makes it so I can succeed. This applies to my skills as a film maker and makes it so that I never give up on my dream. I will find my howl one day and I'll also find the new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment